● Submissions are accepted until January 20, 2020 at midnight EST.
● Limit one submission per student.
● Students may work individually or in pairs.
● Any high school student in the US can participate in the competition.
● Entries must include at least one stem from the Ciara Set collection.
● You can compose in any musical genre. There are no restrictions in terms of style of music or coding.
● Submissions must be at least 30 seconds in length and no more than 3 minutes in duration.
● Sounds used from sources different than the EarSketch database (ex: freesound.org) should NOT be copyrighted. The rules of the license that apply to the sounds should be respected (ex: acknowledging the source). Songs that contain copyrighted sounds will not be accepted.
● Entries will be judged on both musical quality and algorithmic thinking.
● 100 finalists will be selected to receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card.
● 10 winners will be selected from among the finalists. Georgia winners will be invited to the Guthman Musical Instrument Competition, hosted at Georgia Tech on March 6-7, 2020, and recognized at a celebration held at Georgia Tech.
● All prizes will be sent to a school address.